Sunday 15 January 2012

It's My Dad's Birthday!!!

Today is my Dad's Birthday.  He's absolutely the best Dad ever, and I love him to bits.  His philosophy on kids is this....  You bring children into this world, you bring them up as best you can, and then you let them go.  If they come back, you've done a good job!.  Here's a piccy of my Birthday card made for him...


Simple cream card, beige pearlescent paper edge punched, another cream strip layered, Dufex decoupaged wine image, sentiment stamped and layered and peel off DAD added.  A few gems, and done!!


I didn't see him on my Birthday, he gave me my Birthday pressie today.  A bit of background before I tell you what he gave me...  As some of you may have read we lost our beloved Jeeves to cancer just about a year ago. he was 16 years old, and I'd had him from about 6 months.  He came from my Dad, who at the time had to downsize his cat family as the Resident Ass'n where he was living decided that he had too many. Jeeves came to live with me, and later with Markie and me, and had a wonderful life and gave us both a lot of joy.  So imagine my surprise and delight when Dad presented me with a composition frame of 5 photographs of Jeeves as an itsy Kitten, with his siblings and Mum, and getting into mischief.  As we didn't have any photos of him as a baby, it's the most fantastic present I could have wished for.  So huge thank you to dear Dad, I will try to get a photo of the pressie at some point to post.  Here's a piccy of our dear Jeeves as an Adult.....



That's all for now....  Hugs, Linda..xx



10 comments:

Lorna said...

Hi Linda fab card for your Dad,love the image,blog hopped from DC, you have a great blog
Lorna xx

sue said...

hi linda
great card for your dad,j
eeves looks like he was a lovely cat.
sue xx

Unknown said...

Great card, and love the photo of Jeeves. Your Dad sounds like a lovely bloke. x

jillb said...

this is a great male card - bet your Dad just loved it! xx Jill B

craftynanny said...

Hi Linda - hope your Dad had a lovely birthday! Lea xx

Anonymous said...

I really like this card, the design fair jumps off the page. Hopped from DC

Wendy L said...

Lovely card for your Dad, he will love it.xxx
Good idea if you turn off word verification, it puts some people off commenting

rosie said...

gorgeous card for your dad.


thanks for joining my blog.

Anonymous said...

brill card for your dad xx

Jacki Daniels said...

What a lovely card and what an even lovelier dad how thoughtful of him
Iam now a follower so see you soon
Jacki xx